NOTE: Before reaching out to us with a story pitch, please read our Guidelines for Submitting Articles to Family Lawyer Magazine.
We invite submissions from family lawyers, judges, arbitrators, mediators, financial experts, mental-health professionals. Relevant content from technology, software, and practice management experts is also welcome.
Your content can be in the form of an article, podcast, video, or even infographic. If accepted, we will promote your article via our bi-monthly Family Lawyer Magazine eNewsletter and on our Facebook Page.
We welcome content that can help family lawyers attract quality clients (and offer better service to those clients), manage their practices more efficiently, learn about financial tips and traps, and discover new technology and trends.
Your submission may be considered for publication in the print Family Lawyer Magazine, depending upon our editorial needs. We will contact you if this is the case.
All articles/proposals should be geared towards your fellow professionals – not towards divorcing people. As such, you are encouraged to address relatively advanced and/or niche topics; you should assume readers have a solid grasp of family law basics, and some have been practicing for many years. Our readers include 34,000+ family lawyers, judges, divorce mediators and arbitrators, accountants, business valuators, and CDFA professionals.
Suggested Topics for Article Submissions
Tax & Financial Matters
- High-net-worth divorce and tax issues
- Divorcing an entrepreneur or celebrity
- The financial issues of a grey divorce
- Business valuation issues
- Forensic accounting: tips and case studies
- Best apps/software/technology for lawyers
- Best apps/software/technology for your clients
- Leading-edge vs bleeding-edge technology
- How gathering friendly data can help shape client decisions
- The application of analytics in the practice of family law
- Online dispute resolution – coming soon to a law firm near you
- How AI (Artificial Intelligence) could impact your practice
- Substance abuse and divorce
- Social media and divorce
- Domestic violence and divorce
- Reforming the family law system
- Military divorce
- ADR pros and cons in a family law practice
- Tips for family lawyers
- Billing more efficiently
- Running your firm efficiently
- What are you outsourcing now?
- Exit strategies for retirement
Marketing Tips and Strategies
- How to handle the most difficult kinds of clients
- How to listen to your clients
- How to present complex or difficult information to your clients without shutting down their brains
- Über personalization of intake forms
- Behavior analysis and family law
- Why making your clients feel good is as important as winning their case
Health & Well-Being
- How to manage stress in a stressful profession
- Addiction, burnout, and mental-health issues in family law professionals; causes and how to cope
- How to “chill out” without slowing down
- Can you improve your health without changing your life?
- Advice from a senior lawyer to their 20-something self
Send a short article proposal to editors@FamilyLawyerMagazine.com. If you have never written for us before, please attach your CV or a link to your online CV, or fill out the form below.
NOTE: We do not guarantee publication of any submission, and all submissions are subject to approval and editing. Articles accepted for posting on this website will also be considered for publication in the print edition of Family Lawyer Magazine.