9 Comments

1. 1

Penelope Smith

My cousin is thinking about getting divorced this year. So, I liked that you pointed out that she might want to be patient during the divorce and mediation process. It might also be smart for her to find a lawyer who can help her stay patient and calm during the process.

2. 2

Tammy

What if mediation fails. Then what?

1. 2.1

Diana Shepherd

Hi Tammy.

If mediation fails, then the divorcing spouses must try another dispute resolution process. For example, you could consider arbitration. Arbitration is similar to mediation in certain respects, but at the end of the day, you must abide by the arbitrator’s decision — just as though you were in court with a judge. (This assumes you have chosen binding arbitration, but if mediation has failed, then non-binding arbitration may also fail for the same reasons.)

You could also take your dispute to court and ask a judge to rule on your issues; this is usually the most expensive option in terms of both time and money, however.

3. 3

Aronberg Law

Learned some new stuff with very detailed information.

4. 4

Ivy Baker

My cousin and her husband have been thinking about getting a divorce this summer. It is good to know that they might want to try doing some mediation. That does seem like it could bring the costs of the process down.

5. 5

Larry Weaver

Thanks for the advice to be patient and keep an open mind during a family mediation case. My sister has had a difficult experience with her husband and family and is looking to hire a family lawyer. I’ll be sure to share this advice about being patient and having an open mind with my sister because she can be pretty hot-headed.

6. 6

Daphne Gilpin

Thanks for explaining that it helps to arrive at the mediation session believing that we’ll be successful. My husband and I think we would both be happier if we got divorced, but we’re on good terms and think it would be better to use a mediation service than an attorney. I’m glad I read your article because keeping your tips in mind should help the divorce mediation service go as smoothly as possible.

7. 7

Jenny Hills

The dissolution of my marriage is a really stressful and highly emotional event for me. And I really needed help to hire an attorney for my divorce process. Thank you for sharing these helpful tips.

8. 8

Skylar Williams

My brother is going through a divorce at the moment and they are trying to work out who gets the house and custody of their two children by themselves. I appreciate your tip to make sure the parties are in the right state of mind. In my opinion, my brother is not in the right state of mind and he needs mediation services.