TORONTO, ON (Sept. 17, 2014) — The Fall 2014 issue of Family Lawyer Magazine offers key tips on managing your online reputation.
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it,” said Warren Buffet. In today’s online world, a poor rating or negative comments by an anonymous person can do a world of harm to a professional’s reputation in seconds. Many family lawyers don’t realize that managing their online reputation properly can have a positive impact on their firm’s bottom line. The reverse is also true: no online reputation management equals a hit to their bottom line, whether they realize it or not. “Even if your clients come primarily from word-of-mouth referrals, you should never underestimate the power of a defamatory blog post to stop a potential client from even making an initial call to you,” says Dan Couvrette, CEO and Publisher of Family Lawyer Magazine. “You don’t know how much business you could be losing to a competitor with a better online reputation.” To help professionals better understand, manage, or even rebuild their online reputations, this issue offers two useful feature articles: Lawyer Reputation Management and Dealing with Digital Detractors.
The magazine’s goal is to offer information and advice that will help family lawyers and other divorce-industry professionals achieve excellence – both professionally and personally. Topics in this jam-packed 84-page issue include:
- Priming a family law practice for success in an increasingly competitive market.
- Avoiding mistakes that can kill a firm’s corporate culture.
- Specialty issues – from same-sex marriage to military divorce to assisted reproductive technology and citizenship.
- Avoiding potentially irreparable harm to a client’s rights, both on appeal and in the trial court.
- Tips on how to overcome some top billing challenges.
- How the selection of the right forensic expert can assist in the settlement of a case.
- A look at double dipping, one of the most prevalent problems in family law cases involving a business.
- Advancing technology – from cloud computing to finding hidden assets using digital evidence to ensuring that a client’s confidential information stays confidential.
- Handling work-related stress and building brain-power through nutrition.
- Family law case updates from significant cases across the U.S.
Family Lawyer Magazine is published by Divorce Marketing Group – the only one-stop marketing agency dedicated to helping family lawyers and other divorce professionals grow their practices. Their other products include FamilyLawyerMagazine.com, Divorce Magazine, DivorceMagazine.com, ten print and web-based Divorce Guides, and divorce eNewsletters. Family Lawyer Magazine reaches more than 30,000 family lawyers, and Divorce Magazine is North America’s only magazine devoted entirely to divorce-related issues. Divorce Marketing Group offers a full range of marketing services, including website design and promotion, social media marketing, video and podcast marketing, print advertising, and pay-per-click advertising campaign management. For more information, please contact CEO Dan Couvrette at (866) 803-6667 ext. 124 or email email@example.com.